Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DOE Enrollments 22-23

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think Brebeuf is staying in 4A?

in 2021 they were 3A with like 830 kids and were moving up regardless I believe?

Unless they had a bigger class at the time and are back under 800 or whatever the new 4A/3A line will be 

You are correct.  Brebeuf moved up via enrollment following a visit to LOS.

44 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Most of 1A and a lot of 2A schools would change or be removed. Probably say around 40ish football programs would be lost/combined. May need to look at going back to 5 classes.  

We should be at 5 classes anyway.

Trim back the number of teams in 1A, 6A becomes 5A, then add one round to the 2A-4A tournaments called a "Super Regional."

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

We should be at 5 classes anyway.

Trim back the number of teams in 1A, 6A becomes 5A, then add one round to the 2A-4A tournaments called a "Super Regional."

Absolutely NOT, reason, why should CARMEL lets say or even Crown Point one with 5k students other with 3k students be in a same classfication with schools that won't even be close to 2k students in their buildings. 

I was in those IFCA board meetings when this was all brought out and at the time, MUNSTER with like 1800 kids was playing in 5a football with schools that had 3k and that was just in their area, then you expect them to go down to compete with INDY area Mega Schools with 4-5 thousand kids when they had 1800??   The discrepancy from top to bottom is astounding with amount of bodies available.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoachGallogly said:

The consolidation of districts doesn’t require the consolidation of schools.  In many cases it wouldn’t make sense.  Or districts combined with three HS might turn into two HS etc. 

Turkey Run and Rockville consolidated at least 10 years before merging into one school. The Parke Heritage Woofs 

22 hours ago, Cloudy14 said:

Indiana Chamber of Commerce is bringing up interesting legislation again - how would this affect high school sports in general?

https://indianacapitalchronicle.com/2023/10/06/school-consolidation-conversation-should-focus-on-fact-not-emotion/

I know schools like Sheridan have absolutely no interest in this terrible idea. We have ZERO desire to consolidate with Hamilton Heights, and even less desire to be absorbed into Westfield. 

Indiana Chamber of Commerce needs to find something else to talk about. 

• Like 2

Until Indiana crosses the 320 mark, I think 32-64-64-64-64-32 just makes so much sense. 

Now that Scottsburg and Silver Creek are back, would there be any schools added that weren’t at the lower end of enrollments? 

Maybe if TH split into a North-South-East system. Are there any other places around the state where an HSE-Fishers type split would occur? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Until Indiana crosses the 320 mark, I think 32-64-64-64-64-32 just makes so much sense. 

Now that Scottsburg and Silver Creek are back, would there be any schools added that weren’t at the lower end of enrollments? 

Maybe if TH split into a North-South-East system. Are there any other places around the state where an HSE-Fishers type split would occur? 

I agree with that split in classes.

4 hours ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

I know schools like Sheridan have absolutely no interest in this terrible idea. We have ZERO desire to consolidate with Hamilton Heights, and even less desire to be absorbed into Westfield. 

I agree it is not good legislation, but it will likely be on the table this year, be ready to make noise for small schools.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

What did I miss?

I think this is the reference.  Water under the bridge:

On 11/17/2023 at 4:16 PM, Daniel_Bragg said:

Absolutely no trash talking has occurred, yet Lutheran fans choose to do it. Can't wait for you people to be out of 1A. 

On 11/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, Daniel_Bragg said:

Consolidate with the Clinton Central School Corporation (819 K-12 per IDOE).  Build a new school complex in Terhune or Kirklin.  

Actually if the Indiana legislature gets tough again about school consolidation I can see see Clinton county going from 4 school corps to 2,  with a Clinton Central/Clinton Prairie/Rossville 3-for-1 dealio a possibility. 

https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011500000/population

https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011600000/population

https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011800000/population