Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Preseason top 10 for each class

There is always a team that brings back alot of kids that might not have done exactly what they thought they were gonna do the year before, but when season comes around, they are right in the mix, unexpectedly.  There will be the norms around though.

Without being in each teams summer workouts, and knowing whats coming back it really is hard to tell.

I can tell you, we play in a VERY TOUGH Conference. All of the teams are GOOD. 2-7 Regular Season, moved to our 1st Sectional and Regionals Championships in 3A. Will we be better this season?? We bring alot back. But nothing is gauranteed in our conference. We wont be overlooking anyone on our schedule.

Not real familiar with some of the classes or a lot of the teams from up north. I'll take a crack at 2A, 3A, 4A since I know more about some of those teams. 

2A

1. Scecina

2. Triton Central

3. Luers

4. Eastside

5. Lafayette Central Catholic

6. Evansville Mater Dei

7. Rochester

8. Andrean

9. LaVille

10. Linton-Stockton

3A

1. Chatard

2. West Lafayette

3. Guerin Catholic

4. Gibson Southern

5. Lawrenceburg

6. Southridge

7. Norwell

8. Western Boone

9. Yorktown

10. Tri-West

4A

1. East Central

2. Roncalli

3. New Pal

4. Evansville FJ Reitz

5. Brebeuf

6. New Prairie

7. Mooresville

8. MV Fortville

9. Evansville Memorial

10. NorthWood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not real familiar with some of the classes or a lot of the teams from up north. I'll take a crack at 2A, 3A, 4A since I know more about some of those teams. 

2A

1. Scecina

2. Triton Central

3. Luers

4. Eastside

5. Lafayette Central Catholic

6. Evansville Mater Dei

7. Rochester

8. Andrean

9. LaVille

10. Linton-Stockton

3A

1. Chatard

2. West Lafayette

3. Guerin Catholic

4. Gibson Southern

5. Lawrenceburg

6. Southridge

7. Norwell

8. Western Boone

9. Yorktown

10. Tri-West

4A

1. East Central

2. Roncalli

3. New Pal

4. Evansville FJ Reitz

5. Brebeuf

6. New Prairie

7. Mooresville

8. MV Fortville

9. Evansville Memorial

10. NorthWood

Forgot about New Pal going back to 4A

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Probably the usual suspects in 6A. You have to continue to go with the champs until they are no longer the champs at #1. Giants should be there in the mix somewhere as well. Lots of good players coming back on both sides of the ball. 

I think Center Grove / Ben Davis at the top, then a gap to Cathedral at #3 then a sizeable gap with everyone else.  I am big Irish fan but a reasonable one at that!

Can't wait just two months away!

• Like 1

I assume 1A will look about like it has last 2 years

1. Lutheran

2. Adams Central

3. North Decatur

4. North Judson

5. South Adams

6. Sheridan

7. Covenant Christian 

8. Providence

9. Tri

10. South Putnam. 

I'm not as well versed in the North so maybe someone is losing alot im unaware of. Does feel we will have a 3 peat of Lutheran vs Adams Central.

A new private school in Fort Wayne makes it debut this season. Black Hawk Christian in 1A. Will be interesting to see how they do. The school sits in the heart of Snider and Dwenger parts of Fort Wayne. 

There was talk Dwenger is moving back down to 4A but I have not heard.

On 6/17/2023 at 1:49 PM, Mebuck said:

A new private school in Fort Wayne makes it debut this season. Black Hawk Christian in 1A. Will be interesting to see how they do. The school sits in the heart of Snider and Dwenger parts of Fort Wayne. 

There was talk Dwenger is moving back down to 4A but I have not heard.

Rumor has it that 1A Faith Christian in Lafayette, will finally start playing football, but will be playing 8-man ball.  They've been around for about 25 years and were admitted into IHSAA about a decade or so ago, but never had football at the school until now.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, WWFan said:

1. Lutheran

2. Adams Central

3. North Decatur

4. North Judson

5. South Adams

6. Sheridan

7. Covenant Christian 

8. Providence

9. Tri

10. South Putnam. 

I'm not as well versed in the North so maybe someone is losing alot im unaware of. Does feel we will have a 3 peat of Lutheran vs Adams Central.

North Decatur graduates a ton of talent, doubt they will be a top 10 team. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

North Decatur graduates a ton of talent, doubt they will be a top 10 team. 

Well...see how much I know. Haha. Maybe it's about time to start a 1A thread and see who knows what.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, foxbat said:

Rumor has it that 1A Faith Christian in Lafayette, will finally start playing football, but will be playing 8-man ball.  They've been around for about 25 years and were admitted into IHSAA about a decade or so ago, but never had football at the school until now.

Uggh, faux football.   Either play the real game or don't play it all, ala Rossville, just about 10 miles down SR26 from Faith Christian.  

• Disdain 2

On 6/16/2023 at 10:46 AM, BDGiant93 said:

Probably the usual suspects in 6A. You have to continue to go with the champs until they are no longer the champs at #1. Giants should be there in the mix somewhere as well. Lots of good players coming back on both sides of the ball. 

I really like BD this year. CG just seems to always be there no matter what they bring back. Coach Moore has a juggernaut over there and may be the second program to 4 peat (unless there was others outside of WC).

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, WWFan said:

1. Lutheran

2. Adams Central

3. North Decatur

4. North Judson

5. South Adams

6. Sheridan

7. Covenant Christian 

8. Providence

9. Tri

10. South Putnam. 

Triton will likely be a top 5 team in 1A. They return a lot of experience I believe. I doubt South Adams finishes the season inside the top 10. They have a great QB but not much else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, Grover said:

I think you underestimate BD.

We haven't played anyone, other than Cathedral, from down there in years...I have no idea how good anyone in that part of the state is going to be.  Like I said stab in the dark.  But, I wont be the least bit surprised if BD, Warren and Carmel are back to their normal winning 10+ games ways. 

On 6/19/2023 at 4:24 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

6A

10. Carmel

9. Warren Central

8. Ben Davis

7. Westfield

6. Crown Point

5. Brownsburg

4. HSE

3. FW Carroll

2. Cathedral

1. Center Grove

Just a stab in the dark.

Flip BD and Carroll and drop Crown Point and this is close to what I’d have.

As I say every summer, I need to see it consistently from the non-central Indy teams in order to buy in that they can compete.

Carroll took that step last year and has earned top ten honors…but 3 is a big stretch.

• Like 1

I just noticed that Roncalli is back on the schedule for Cathedral this year on Oct 6th.  First time in a long time.

Irish and Center Grove play brutal schedules this year.  As usual both teams square off last game of regular season.

Can't wait till August 18th!

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Flip BD and Carroll and drop Crown Point and this is close to what I’d have.

As I say every summer, I need to see it consistently from the non-central Indy teams in order to buy in that they can compete.

Carroll took that step last year and has earned top ten honors…but 3 is a big stretch.

So you have HSE at #4 and Carroll at #8? We'll find out real quick in Week 1. 

• Like 1