Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Schools That Have Won Football & Basketball Titles in the Same School Year

LCC won football and baseball in 2009, but last time basketball was at the state level along with football was 1999 and while football took state, basketball finished as runner up.

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Luers 2007-2008 football, basketball, baseball.

Impressive!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

That will never be repeated I'm sure.

Well....

How is Cathedral's baseball team this spring and potentially next (2023)?

What does Cathedral have coming back in football 2022?

Basketball looks to be pretty healthy after what I watched Saturday night.

Pioneer achieved something similar in 20-21. Although the football team was short of making it to the 2A state finals by eight points, the girls volleyball, basketball, and softball teams all won state titles. The girls three-peat was the first of its kind in Indiana.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DE said:

Well....

How is Cathedral's baseball team this spring and potentially next (2023)?

What does Cathedral have coming back in football 2022?

Basketball looks to be pretty healthy after what I watched Saturday night.

Baseball would need a miracle run, but rugby and lacrosse should win a title this spring. One of our most talented senior classes in a long time. 

2022 football team won't lose much from last year in my opinion. Yes, we lose 40 seniors and our entire defense, but we have another 35 seniors coming in. We'll have one of the top rated QBs in the state returning (Danny O'Neill), Western Michigan-bound TE Brennan Wooten, and the best possession receiver in the state (Jaron Tibbs) flanking the offense. The defense will be lead by senior DL Kendrick Gilbert (offers from pretty much every Power5 school). Some impressive junior linebackers (Weingart, Kirsch) should make our front 7 extremely nasty again. And, this year's freshmen class (one of our most dominant ever rolling through undefeated over the MIC and rivals w relative ease) will push the upperclassmen for minutes. Lets remember that we'll get our second sniff of 6A. The last time we were up two classes, it didn't go well  

2023 basketball returns 3 starters (Tibbs, Jake Davis, and Xavier Booker) and the 6th man (Germany). They should be the favorite entering next season. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy

14 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Baseball would need a miracle run, but rugby and lacrosse should win a title this spring. One of our most talented senior classes in a long time. 

2022 football team won't lose much from last year in my opinion. Yes, we lose 40 seniors and our entire defense, but we have another 35 seniors coming in. We'll have one of the top rated QBs in the state returning (Danny O'Neill), Western Michigan-bound TE Brennan Wooten, and the best possession receiver in the state (Jaron Tibbs) flanking the offense. The defense will be lead by senior DL Kendrick Gilbert (offers from pretty much every Power5 school). Some impressive junior linebackers (Weingart, Kirsch) should make our front 7 extremely nasty again. And, this year's freshmen class (one of our most dominant ever rolling through undefeated over the MIC and rivals w relative ease) will push the upperclassmen for minutes. Lets remember that we'll get our second sniff of 6A. The last time we were up two classes, it didn't go well  

2023 basketball returns 3 starters (Tibbs, Jake Davis, and Xavier Booker) and the 6th man (Germany). They should be the favorite entering next season. 

Really enjoyed watching the hoops team saturday.

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

Warren Central did it in 2018. 
They actually beat Carmel for both titles. 

Warren Central won both in the calendar year 2018.  They were 2 different school years.  They won Basketball in 2017-2018 school year and football in the 2018-2019 school year.

Edited by Southside
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Southside said:

Warren Central won both in the calendar year 2018.  They were 2 different school years.  They won Basketball in 2017-2018 school year and football in the 2018-2019 school year.

Thanks for clarifying that. After I read this, it dawned on me that what I was thinking was they won both the boys and girls titles in basketball in the same year. 

17 hours ago, Robert said:

Luers 2007-2008 football, basketball, baseball.

And if I can remember. 

This was the year that Kevin Keirmaier saved them in the Baseball Sectional Final (with 2 outs).  And got himself a scholarship to Parkland JC.  The rest as they say.....IS HISTORY! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Didn't they win baseball that year as well?

I remember us having a really good team, but think they got upset in the Sectional or Regional

Edited by Sledge

22 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

And if I can remember. 

This was the year that Kevin Keirmaier saved them in the Baseball Sectional Final (with 2 outs).  And got himself a scholarship to Parkland JC.  The rest as they say.....IS HISTORY! 

Didn't his father used to frequent this board?

*yawn*  This is one of the more boring off-season threads I've seen on the GID.

That said, of course it is usually a p/p or mega school that does this due to different reasons:

Mega schools, by their very nature, just have that surplus of OMG! Athletes which makes athletic specialization more possible.

And p/p tend to develop their much smaller pool of OMG! Athletes into multi-sport automatons, coaches are able to plug them into a different sport after a relatively small practice window.

• Sit and spin 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:06 AM, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Lets remember that we'll get our second sniff of 6A. The last time we were up two classes, it didn't go well  

But the last 2 years you would/could have beaten any 6A school that wasn't named Center Grove. And the battles with them were winable.

• Like 1