Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New football sectional pairings for 21-22 Announced

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

or 29 I guess too? 

Yeah, I didn't know how close to the bottom of 4a they were, maybe those couple movements bumped them up.

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Three team sectionals?  What a joke.

Nothing like getting a bye to the sectional championship.

Agree. Tremendous advantage for Center Grove to not have to play an extra game potentially while Warren has three other MIC teams to contend with in their Sectional.

Same deal for the benefactor of this up in Sectional 3. Waltz to the Sectional title game while the other two duke it out on the other side.

Just now, BDGiant93 said:

Agree. Tremendous advantage for Center Grove to not have to play an extra game potentially while Warren has three other MIC teams to contend with in their Sectional.

Same deal for the benefactor of this up in Sectional 3. Waltz to the Sectional title game while the other two duke it out on the other side.

Some people simply live in a utopian society and don't get it.  Glad you do.

16 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Quick thoughts:

Two THREE team sectionals in 6A.  Whaaat??

Chatard moved into Roncalli's sectional.  Shocked!  I tell you. Shocked!

WeBo taking Chatard's spot in sectional 28.  

And don't look now - but the IHSAA notes teams that have been "relegated down" due to success factor.  Are we that far from an English Premier league relegation/promotion?  (Not a serious question. But I've never seen the relegation word before.)

We can only hope.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Or CG had to play a team that has two weeks of rest and time to prep for a game 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I was kind of hoping for more of a shake up.  Looks like this was an untouched as possible.

Which at first had me scratching my head.... but then after thinking on it a little, it makes sense. They truly cannot move any teams up or down based on previous enrollment because we know that's not accurate for today. And they cannot use this year's enrollment data because as they stated, there were "significant fluctuation likely affected by the pandemic which raised questions about their true representation."

So their best option was to just leave everyone where they were and move only those impacted by the Success Factor rule (both promotion and relegation). It was the only way to make it "fair" - which I agree with. However, I hate the 3 team sectionals in 6A and the single 6 team sectional in 5A. I am in BIG TIME agreement with whoever made the post on Page 1 that instead of the 6 team sectional 11, they could have easily moved Michigan City to Sectional 9 (making it a 5 teamer), Concord and Goshen to sectional 10 (making it a 5 teamer) then sectional 11 becomes just a 4 team sectional (all FW schools).

12 hours ago, psaboy said:

I think Snider or Dwenger, who ever comes out of that sectional, will disagree. MI City may object to your point as well. 

Zionsville is the defending 5A northern champion and will be the team to beat with Dwenger and Snider close behind. They return top Rusher, WR, and 4 out 5 OL(that includes a Notre Dame committal) and top 2 tacklers on defense plus they play in the HCC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Zionsville is the defending 5A northern champion and will be the team to beat with Dwenger and Snider close behind. They return top Rusher, WR, and 4 out 5 OL(that includes a Notre Dame committal) and top 2 tacklers on defense plus they play in the HCC. 

Especially when they get all the playoff tourney games at home. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jets said:

Ahh....3A Southern community - do I even need to say it?? If ya'll been following at all, you know where my frustration lies. 

What.a.JOKE

It's very logical (sarcasm here) when you have potential a potential Semi-State opponent 7 miles away.

19 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Color me surprised on 6A and 5A. Number of schools per class:

6A: 30
5A: 37
4A: 61
3A: 60
2A: 63
1A: 63

2 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Indy Shortridge is listed twice. 4A Sectional 22 (Which is where Harrell has them) and 1A Sectional 46. Which one is it?

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I just clicked on it. They are in 28. Maybe it was fixed this am? 

Yeah I think there were some changes made this morning. Shortridge is no longer listed in 1A like @Bear54 pointed out, and I see Yorktown in Sectional 28 as well. My class count shows changes too so that makes sense there were some moves:

6A: 30
5A: 37
4A: 61
3A: 62 (Yorktown and another addition?)
2A: 63
1A: 62 (Shortridge removed)

• Like 1

If I am taking an early bet for the 6A tournament:

Sectional Champs- Merrillville, Penn, Homestead, Westfield, Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Center Grove

Regional Champs- Penn, Westfield, Carmel, Center Grove

Semi state- Westfield, Center Grove

State- Center Grove

Way early and obviously this is not going off of much other than a Gut feeling. I do not know any info about teams up in northern Indiana. I just know they won't have enough for Westfield. And yes, I do think CG makes it back to LOS for 3rd time in a row and wins a 2nd state title in a row. 

6 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

I'm giving Zionsville a 50/50 shot of getting out of regional. What about Valpo? I haven't heard anyone chime in on them yet. Any of the Duneland guys want to chime in?

37 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm giving Zionsville a 50/50 shot of getting out of regional. What about Valpo? I haven't heard anyone chime in on them yet. Any of the Duneland guys want to chime in?

I'm not a "Duneland guy", but didn't Valpo lose a ton over the last 2 years?

58 minutes ago, DE said:

I'm not a "Duneland guy", but didn't Valpo lose a ton over the last 2 years?

No idea. That's why I was hoping someone up there would jump in on this. I just feel like Valpo is Valpo. You can never count a program like that out. Maybe a couple of down years is inevitable. It happened to Snider in '19 & '20. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

No idea. That's why I was hoping someone up there would jump in on this. I just feel like Valpo is Valpo. You can never count a program like that out. Maybe a couple of down years is inevitable. It happened to Snider in '19 & '20. 

What does Snider have for this upcoming year? I imagine it’ll be an exciting game between them and Dwenger for the sectional title.

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

What does Snider have for this upcoming year? I imagine it’ll be an exciting game between them and Dwenger for the sectional title.

Seventeen starters returning I believe. I'm not thrilled about Snider playing Dwenger in the sectionals. It's nice to watch them both make deep runs most years. It will certainly add an element to the rivalry though.